Sunday, August 3, 2014

The lucky ones!

 
- You’re very frickin lucky to be working here said Gabe as a response to us complaining about our jobes. You are even very well paid for what you know to do, what do you know to do that should grant you more money? The workload is ok, you carry simple instructions, follow-up the process, that’s all!
We all knew Gabe went in a frenzy when people criticized the Corporation, not because he loved it (although he always said he loves working there) but following a more than unpleasant job in a local Romanian small company.
- You know how it was the boss there? he continued after a short break. He was yelling to anyone like crazy, always the guy who knows everything better than anyone, always displeased. You had to announce when you got to the office, when you go to lunch or on a break and when you leave. He had such irrational expectations, he wanted me to almost double their market share … Trust me, the Corporation gave you a good job you frickin lazybones!
- Yeah I said, that’s why I can only afford to get out of the city a weekend a month and I need to squeeze the wallet until the next salary. And you don’t even afford a weekend at the beach, do you?
Gabe said nothing, the other colleagues sipped from his coffee and sighed. Tough times he thought, jobs are scarce, everyone needs to endure. We were resources for close to ten years now.
- After all we’re all resources I said, and we’ll stay resources for the Corporation as long as we can’t do something to assure our financial freedom. I don’t want to be a frickin resource for ever.
- So what you gonna do? said Gabe with sarcasm. He never did anything but he liked to bash other people’s ideas being the negative voice of reason.
- I’m gonna start a blog I said. I’m gonna share my life as a Corporation resource, a resource’s blog and check how I can break free from this frickin rat race.
It was late, we finished drinking our coffees and headed inside, tasks and calls were beginning to pile up like crazy. Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment