Monday, August 25, 2014

Resource on vacation


Gabe just returned from his holiday. Being a poor resource he didn't had the money to travel abroad together with his wife and kid and not even go to a domestic high level tourist resort. Instead he spent a week in an old country side village where the top attraction was an abandoned salt mine.

- I got so sick of that frickin' salt mine were his first words when he returned. I was bored like hell, nothing to do there. Every day was the same, go down in the mine, get bored for a few hours, get up, get bored on the surface, nothing to do all day.
- Welcome back I said, there are a few hundred emails just waiting for you. Glad to see you missed them..
- Oh well said Gabe, while I was spending my holiday upset in the salt mine I had enough time to think. What are we doing here Seb? Why are we spending the best years of our life working for the Corporation and even if we take one week holiday for the summer we still don't have the money to go somewhere nice.Why?

I said nothing, thinking Dale had just started his vacation the other day. When I asked him where he is going to go he raised his shoulders and said: Nowhere, I'm gonna stay home. Maybe a couple of days at the sea in a small village. I knew the village, Dale was going there for the past several years, he couldn't afford anything else.

- I have heard you got a new girlfriend! Gabe said. You lucky bastard, I'm married with children and you're playing around like you're in your twenties again.

I said nothing, Sexy Redhead just walked out in the courtyard and I was too busy staring at her. Yes, a new girlfriend, just not her sadly....
- Go to her already mumbled Gabe annoyed, I can't stand you already when she's around...

No comments:

Post a Comment