Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wonderful job position, great salary!

So as an unemployed resource I had more free time than I had in years, actually I didn't feel like that since college but I can't say I could benefit since I had to spent much of it searching for jobs and going to interviews. A resource is of course dependent on its salary so a resource can't survive too much without it. A resource out of the job is like a fish out of the water.

So finally I found a good offer, a wonderful job position they said, a great salary included at a big company. I applied and after two weeks they called me for an interview. It was a big company so the HR lady told me on the phone there will be several interview stages.

The day came and I was in her desk awaiting her to finish a phonecall and make time for the interview. She was mid-aged but very elegant, top notch designer clothers. She was yelling about some reports being due so I took it as a sign she means business for the resources working under her management. At last she put the phone down and changed her attitude 180 degrees putting an ice smile and inviting me to sit down.

- I have read your resume she said, it matches what we expect of a resource for this position but I need to be honest with you, we only care for the best of the best. And not in terms of skills, they can be taught but in terms of dedication for this Company to serve it to the fullest of their ability. Maybe in other places the work starts at 9:00 and ends at 18:00 but here nobody leaves before 19:00. And that's if you have done all your work. Weekends are sometimes easier but we expect our resources to work during them if needed, of course these days they can leave at 16:00 maybe even earlier.

I was surprised at the fast pace of her words so I didn't realize she stopped to see how I was reacting.

No comments:

Post a Comment