Monday, March 2, 2015

Get rich resource!


I was drinking a beer with Dave one evening in a small pub in our neighbourhood, bad place, big prices but still the best offer we had. Like always he started complaining:

- Seb, I keep thinkining on business ideas to get free, I had a horrible week at work. Some bug product launch and they kept us overtime working like dogs for the Corporation.

Of course that meant no paid overtime or anything, just volunteer work. He looked exhausted while sipping his beer, long face, pale and dark under the eyes. I replied:

- Tell me about it, still one week to go until the freakin paycheck and I'm already broke ...
- At least you saved some money..
- I always do that, it's the only way to break free from this rat race in the Corporation. I save some money every paycheck and struggle to invest it wisely only to get broke at the end of each month counting the days until the next paycheck.
- Look at us, we can barely make ends meet. And we barely afford a freakin vacation a year.... We have got to do something, start a business, get busy...
- Not sure I got the energy to try again mate, I said taking a sip from the beer, I get drained at work each day and when I get home I feel numb like a zombie.
- Me too, Dave said, me too... But I doubt your method to save and invest will ever work, we're too low in the orgchart to save from our meager salaries...
- Yes, and that's why you try to earn more by working more and giving away more free time ... It's a freakin vicious circle, a rat race. And the cheese is stinkier each passing month as we're getting older.

Dave said nothing and raised his hand signalling the waiter to bring another two beers....

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I am glad to see you liked it - will certainly check out your blog too!

    ReplyDelete