Monday, February 2, 2015

Resource evaluation


- Step right in Seb said the big manager with a grin on her face, how are you?
- Good, good, thank you!
- Why I assume you're used to this by now, I tell you how you ranked through the year, give you an evaluation sheet and set some big challenging goals for next year.
She handed me a paper with the grading, nothing small, nothing big, all average rankings for a standard resource. I read it quickly then put it down.
- Any questions? she asked.
- No
- Well you certainly reached the standards this year but with no effort of going further. So I can't give you any big raise or anything, not to mention a promotion...
"Like you ever give big raises or promotions I thought"
- However I do feel you receive a small incentive there, maybe a couple of extra bucks for the Holiday, buy something nice for the kids. Do you have kids?
- No...
- Well you should, there is a good reason to strive to suceed when working for your kids. That's why you never go above average, there is no enough motivation to give it all to the Corporation so you can receive more for your kids. That's really sad.
I sat there looking bored while she continued.
- I guess you don't really need the extra bucks but I want to encourage you a bit anyway so here, sign here for the raise.
I took a short look, it was a insignifiant raise to a small salary, we always joked among us resources that all raises are enough to get an extra pizza and coke.
I signed, thanked her and was about to leave.
Before I closed the door I could hear her saying:
- And put more work and effort next year, we're all fighting on the same front for the success of  the Corporation.
I needed a beer. Or two. 



No comments:

Post a Comment