Monday, September 29, 2014

Caught in the resource rat race


- Face it dude, you can't get out! You should better learn to accept it, you're just a resource but you are lucky enough to be a corporate resource, you are paid more than you deserve anyway, the work is not bad, what do you want?

Gabe had once again one of his in love with the Corporation moments. I said nothing looking absent and he continued:

- You keep saying you wanna beat the System, you think you are frickin Neo in the frickin Matrix? Very few can beat the System so quit complaining and play along. Buy a frickin' car, get a credit card, get some new clothes, spend and have fun at least while you still can. And face it, you will get to retire in 40 years or so ...
- That ain't me I replied, I'm gonna beat this frickin' System, quit the Corporation and retire early, free and rich enough to live like I always wanted.
- Bogus, said Gabe, the System is interested in keeping you as a resource for life or until your seventy and no good anymore. But then your kids will be ready to replace you, they will be even more brainwashed and more docile resources for the Corporation. You see how school gets better and better these days, so does propaganda so kids already want to grow up so they can work their butts off to have a car as cool as daddy's no? Or now you will say you don't want no kids? You think Ally will support you in all this mumbo-jumbo plan of yours?

I don't know, she was complaining a few days ago on how late I get to work in the evenings, more and more often and we don't get to spend enough time together anymore. I don't want to see you only in the weekends she whispered while hugging me, don't want to stay away from you so long. But did I want to see her more often, I wasn't sure on that ... I wasn't sure she was the one indeed, I wasn't sure I was ready to confront her that I didn't want a regular resource life. I gave her a couple of hints, we talked a bit, she even started to read some pages of a Kyosaki book I was reading... But did they make any sense to her?

Gabe interrupted my thoughts abruptly : Here's your Sexy Redhead just going out for a cigarette break. Short skirt, nice body - I have to admit she can be hot.

Yes, and there was her to consider too as I couldn't get her off my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment