Saturday, April 11, 2015

Work hard resource!

- I want all these tasks ready this week and I want a daily status ok? yelled the customer through the phone. He had a strong French accent so I was trying my best to understand his words. Although I managed to understood those I had no idea how to accomplish more than half of it. Not to mention the huge workload, enough to keep two resources occupied full-time.

Dave was standing impatiently behaind me waiting for the phonecall to end, which it did in a caouple of minutes after the customer yelled some more and threatened he will escalate if the resolutions are not ready by end of the week. I closed the phonecall and tried to relax.

- When should we go to luch today? Dave asked. I have a meeting in less than an hour and I can't wait too much.
- Don't know I said reluctantly, I have to call this guy as the customer asked. He needs to send me some figures so I can start building a report and...
- Man, I see you for the last couple of weeks and you look exhausted, this new project is killing you. I remember the last month when I had one of those, I couldn't even get a good night's sleep.
- Me neither...Life ain't gonna be good to a frickin' resource...Don't know how much Ally can take with me being that down really....
- Have you spoken to Dale recently?
- Yeah, he advised to ease down with the stress, only a job he said... that's how he got an ulcer. However he seems to have resigned, tries to be at rest with always being a resource until resigning at a very old age. I don't want to do that, I will keep fighting to quit this frickin' rat race! Go to lunch, meet you downstairs if I manage to finish on time.

Dave said nothing, he just smiled and left. And I returned to the computer and started dialing. Long day ahead, I am sure I need to do overtime today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment